- 4 eggs
- 120g sugar
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 2 packets of lady fingers
- 300ml coffee
- cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Marsala wine
1. Start by making the coffee as it needs to cool down before being used. Ideally you want to use strong espresso, mix this with the Marsala wine.
2. Continue by dividing the egg yolks from the egg whites into two different bowls. Start whisking the egg whites and as soon as peaks start forming, add half of the sugar a little at a time.
3. Once the whites are done, whisk the egg yolks and adding the rest of the sugar little by little. When the mixture is nice and fluffy, add the mascarpone cheese and mix it in with a spatula folding it in from the bottom. Once it is well mixed, add the egg whites and fold them in gently, taking care not to knock out the air.
4. Take an ANTA baking dish and start layering down the lady fingers after dipping them in coffee. Don't dip them for too long or they will get too soggy and break. After the first layer is done, add the cream filling on top. Repeat this and remember that the top layer should be made of the cream.
5. Let your tiramisu rest for 4-5 hours, or overnight ideally. Cut out your portions, sprinkle some cocoa powder on top and serve.