- 2 tins sardines in olive oil
- 50g pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed chillis
- 200g small sweet tomatoes - piccolo variety ideally
- 2 slices of basic white bread
- Olive oil
1. Start by making the breadcrumbs in a food processor. In a frying pan on a medium heat, fry them in a generous amount of olive oil. Fry until golden brown, this will take about 10 minutes. Place in a small bowl and put aside.
2. In the same pan, add the chopped garlic, chilli and tomatoes and cook until soft.
3. Add the sardines and sprinkle with salt. Try not to break up the fillets and fry off until crispy.
4. Add a squeeze of lemon to the pan then serve on an ANTA salad plate with the breadcrumbs at the bottom, topped with sardines and tomatoes then finally the toasted pine nuts.