- 25g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 285ml milk
- 100g sugar
- 85g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 eggs, separated, yolks lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp rasberry jam, lightly warmed
- Cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4, and grease two ANTA Porridge Bowls. Place the butter, milk and one tablespoon of sugar in a saucepan over a low heat and bring almost to the boil, stirring occasionally.
2. Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl and pour over the hot milk mixture. Allow to soak for 15 minutes, then stir in the lemon zest and juice, then the beaten egg yolks.
3. Pour into the Porridge Bowls and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until firmly set. Remove and let to cool, leaving the oven on.
4. Spread the jam evenly over the puddings. For the merinque topping, whist the egg whites until soft peaks form, then gradually add the remaining sugar and whisk until smooth and glossy. Spread the meringue over the jam and return the puddings to the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the merinque is lightly browned on top. Serve hot, with cream.