- 900g stewing steak, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 onions, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tbsp flour
- 500ml Guinness
- bay leaf
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 French Baguette
- 120g cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celcius / Gas 2
- In a frying pan brown the meat in a little olive oil, a few pieces at a time, until coloured. Remove browned meat into an ANTA Salad Bowl.
- Add the onions to the pan, adding more oil if needed and cook for a few minutes. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook until the onions begin to colour. Sprinkle in the flour and cook for a minute, add the Guinness and stir together. Add the bay leaf and the tomato puree and season, bring to the boil. Pour over the meat and mix together so the meat is fully coated. Place an ANTA Plate on the salad bowl and cook in the oven for 2 - 2 1/2 hours until the meat is tendar.
- Slice the french baguette into 2.5cm slices and sprinkle over the cheese, placed under a hot grill until the cheese has started to bubble and turned brown.
- Serve immediately in a warmed ANTA pasta dish with te cheese on toasted bread.