- 450g self raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g butter, diced
- 2 large eggs
- a little milk
1. Preheat oven to 220'C, and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Put flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Add butter and rub in until mixture is like breadcrumbs.
3. Crack eggs in a jug and add enough milk to top up to 300ml. Stir into mixture (but save a little to egg wash after).
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured worktop, knead and roll out then use a 5cm cutter to cut your scones out. You may need to re-knead the dough in order to get more scones.
5. Put the scones on the baking trays, brush with egg wash, and bake for 10 minutes. Enjoy warm or cold with butter and jam, or clotted cream.