- 300g lamb off cuts or leftovers
- 100 g carrots
- 100g turnip
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stick
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100g pearl barley
- Fresh thyme sprig
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Dice the onion, turnip and carrot, place in a heavy bottomed pan and fry over a medium heat until soft and golden.
2. Add the lamb and barley and 1.5 litres of vegetable or lamb stock. Bring to the boil and add the thyme.
3. Simmer the broth for an hour then remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper and serve with plenty of chopped parsley and generous chunks of bread.