- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 100 g caster sugar
- 450 ml full fat
- granulated sugar to sprinkle
- 300 ml double cream
- 5 pieces stem ginger chopped
- 4 tbsp stem ginger syrup from the jar
Ice-cream Method -
1. Combine the egg yolks, cornflour and caster sugar together in a bowl, mix until smooth.
2. Heat the milk in a saucepan until almost boiling. Gradually pour the hot milk into the egg mixture, stirring all the time as you do so.
3. Now return the egg and milk mixture to the pan and cook over a low heat stirring constantly until thickened.
4. Remove from the heat and pour the thickened custard back into a bowl. Sprinkle the surface with a little granulated sugar (this will prevent a skin forming) and allow cool.
5. When the custard has cooled completely, whip the cream in a large mixing bowl until standing in soft peaks. Add the cool custard, chopped ginger and the ginger syrup. Mix until evenly combined.
6. Pour into a shallow freezer proof container and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Roasted Rhubarb Ingredients -
- 500g rhubarb
- 50g caster sugar
- 125ml ginger wine
Roasted Rhubarb Method -
1. Preheat oven to 180C/ Gas 4
2. Wash and trim the rhubarb so it fits within an ANTA baking dish.
3. Sprinkle the caster sugar over the rhubarb, pour over the ginger wine.
4. Bake for about 30 minutes until soft.