- 1kg of pumpkin
- 4 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100g of unsalted butter
- 1.5kg stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 100ml double cream
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbs table salt
- Extra virgin olive oil to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C, gas mark 4. Peel and deseed the pumpkin and chop into 3cm chunks. Drizzle with oil and roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until soft.
2. Meanwhile, over a medium heat melt half the butter and gently sweat the shallots until translucent. Add the nutmeg and continue to cook down.
3. Remove the pumpkin from the oven and add to the saucepan with the shallots. Add enough stock to just cover the pumpkin. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Using a stick blender or food processor, blend the ingredients until very smooth. Place back into the saucepan and add the remaining butter and double cream. Heat very gently and serve in an ANTA pasta dish or porridge bowl with a drizzle of olive oil.