- 2kg ham joint
- 1 onion, quartered
- 8 cloves
- black peppercorns
- bay leaf
- 4 tbsp mustard
- 75g demera sugar
- Soak the ham overnight in cold water in an ANTA salad bowl to reduce the salt.
- Preheat the oven to 190° C / Gas 5.
- Pour off the water. Cover with fresh cold water, adding the quartered onion, cloves, black peppercorns and bay leaf. Cover with a dinner plate, place in the oven to simmer, allowing 20 minutes per 450g.
- Once the ham is cooked, remove from the bowl and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- To finish, mix the mustard and sugar together. Remove the skin from the ham, score the fat in diamond shapes. Spoon the sugar paste over the meat.
- Transfer to an ANTA Pudding Bowl. Bake in the oven, basting with the juices until golden brown. Allow to stand before serving.