- 6 large eggs
- 600g Tipo 00 pasta flour
1. Put the flour on a clean surface and make a large well in the centre. Crack the eggs into the well and using a fork, slowly whisk the eggs.
2. Using your hands slowly incorporate the eggs to the flour until you get a dough.
3. Knead the dough until you get a smooth, silky ball. This should be about 5 -10 minutes.
4. Cover the dough with cling film and put in the fridge and chill for about 30 minutes.
5. Remove from the fridge and divide the dough into 4. Dust the work surface with flour and begin to roll out. Work the dough by rolling out to about 20cm sq, folding in half and then rolling out again. Repeat this 5 times. This makes the pasta strong.
6. Then start making the tagliatelle shape. Roll out and keep turning the dough making sure you have at least 30cm in length. Roll to a thickness of about 2mm.
7. Once at the right size and thickness, you can cut the pasta using a sharp knife to 5mm strips.
8. Finally, dry the pasta strips over a wooden spoon for 10 minutes before cooking.