- 100g dried cherries
- 100g dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp blended whisky
- 175g dark chocolate
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 200g caster sugar
- 300ml double cream
- Pomegranate seeds, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180, gas mark 4. Grease a 30 x 20cm Swiss roll tin and line with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the berries in a small bowl, pour over the whisky cover and leave in a cool place overnight.
3. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water and set aside. In another bowl whist the egg yolks and sugar until light and creamy. Fold in the cooled chocolate.
4. In a third clean bowl, whist the egg whites until stiff. Fold a tablespoon of the beaten egg white into the chocolate mixture - this helps to lighten the mixture. Fold in the remaining egg white. Spoon into the prepared Swiss roll tin and spread evenly. Bake for about 20 mintues until the cake if firm to the touch.
5. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Cover the cake with a wet tea towel and leave to cool. Whip the cream until it holds its shape, then fold in the berries and any liquid.
6. Lay a fresh piece of greaseproof paper on a flat surface and sprinkle with a little caster sugar. Remove the cloth from the cake and turn onto the prepared paper. Remove the greaseproof paper that lined the cake tin.
7. Spread the cream evenly over the cake. Roll up from the long side using the greaseproof paper to help you make the turns. Place on an ANTA Serving Plate. Dust with icing sugar, sprinke pomegranate seeds and decorate with holly.