4 medium eggs separated
2 tsp plain flour
4 tbs strong black coffee ie expresso (dissolve 3 tsp groundcoffee in 4 tbs water)
100g caster sugar
150g plain chocolate
1 tbs ground almonds
12 squares white chocolate
- Preheat oven 180C/160C fan/gas 5
- Grease 6 ANTA small mugs and dust with ground almonds
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water with the coffee, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, stir in the flour, egg yolks and half the sugar and set aside.
- Whisk egg whites to a soft peak, then add the sugar and continue whisking until mixture is firm but not stiff, using a metal spoon gradually fold in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Fill the cups to 1.5cm /1/2 inch from the top
- Press 2 x squares of white chocolate to each cup of mixture before bakingPlace the mugs into an ANTA baking dish and half fill with boiling water.
- Bake for 20 minutes then serve immediately straight from the oven.
Cooks note: Stir in about a tablespoon of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten the mix, it is then easier to fold in the remaining egg whites