For the dough
200ml warmed milk
17 g dried yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
750g plain flour
For the filling:
1 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp cinnamon
100g milk chocolate
20 g butter
50g coconut flakes
200g Hazelnuts lightly toasted and chopped
01. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Add yeast, sugar and salt to warm milk, stir until the yeast dissolves
02. Beat the egg and add to the yeast mixture.
03. Rub the margarine with flour and combine with the liquid. Knead the dough for 10 minutes; if necessary, add a little more flour. The dough should be soft and smooth.
04. Cover the dough with a tea towel and put it in the fridge for 2 hours
05. After 2 hours, the dough is ready. It can be used to make 1 large or 2 smaller cakes.
06. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin to a thickness of no more than 0.5 cm. The rolled out dough should be 2 times long than wide.
07. To make the filling, melt the butter and add cocoa, sugar and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
08. Spread the filling over the entire surface of the dough and sprinkle with nuts on top.
09. Roll the dough into a roll along the long side.
10. Cut the roll lengthwise into 2 equal strips length ways. Weave these two strips together, making sure that the slices are upwards
11. Form a circle out of the woven dough, glue the ends together, it looks like a wreath
12. Put it on a baking tin covered with parchment
13. Beat an egg and brush the top of the dough with a pastry brush.
14. Bake for 30 minutes.
15. Prepare the topping. Put the chocolate and butter in a bowl over simmering water until melted. Stir all the time. When it boils, remove from the heat, add the milk, stir well.
16. Remove the wreath from the oven and decorate with chocolate glaze.
17. Sprinkle with coconut flakes on top and serve warm.