- 200g plain flour
- 150g unsalted butter taken straight from the fridge
- 3 tablespoons cold water
1. Heat the oven to 180°.
2. Cut the butter into small pieces and rub it well into the flour until it resembles bread crumbs. Add the cold water and mix gently until it holds together as a paste.
3. Roll it just larger than the tin before lining. (Always cook pastry in a tin, it goes soggy cooked on stoneware).
4. Place the ground almond and sugar in the pastry case.
5. Arrange the sliced apples and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, melt the jelly and water in a pan.
7. Remove the tart from the oven after 20 minutes and pour the glaze over the top. Return it to the oven and cook for a further 5 minutes.
8. Remove from the tin. Serve hot or cold on an ANTA serving plate.