- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g mixed chopped nuts
- 200g soft dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 225g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 300ml plain yoghurt
- 300g roughly chopped rhubarb or other seasonal fruit
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line an ANTA Baking Dish with damp greaseproof paper
2. Melt a knob of the butter in the oven in an ANTA stoneware Porridge Bowl. Remove from the oven once melted. Roughly stir in the caster sugar and chopped nuts and set aside.
3. Beat the remaining butter with the brown sugar until creamy. Add the egg and yoghurt and fold in the flour and bicarbonate of soda. Lastly add the rhubarb or other seasonal fruit. Spread the mixture evenly in the baking dish.
4. Scatter the sugar and nut mixture over the top and bake for 30 minutes. Test with a skewer to check the cake is cooked, if it needs a further five minutes put it back in the oven but be careful not burn the nuts.
5. Remove from the oven and serve warm with cream or ice cream as a pudding or let it cool and enjoy with tea or coffee.